What is Microblading?
This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows. You will benefit greatly from this method if you can relate to any of the following: sparse brows, bald spots, uneven brows, short brows, unable to fill them in correctly, don't like the drawn-on solid brow look, thin brows, no natural arch, suffering from alopecia, trichotillomania or any other condition that can cause hair loss or if you're simply not happy with your brows!
- It is considered to be semi-permanent since it lasts up-to 3 years on some skin-types.
- It is done using a very fine blade to deposit pigments into the epidermis.
- The blade is made up of tiny needles
- It will be impacting color close to the surface so the strokes are crisp and very fine.
- The results are natural-looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair already present.
- The pigments used in this method have been formulated to match your original eyebrow color, and if the eyebrows are still present, blend perfectly into them.
- The pigments are completely natural, plant-based and FDA-approved.
- The results are a natural, flawless, fuller-looking brow.
It is a 2-step procedure. Initially, the brows appear darker, but get a little lighter over a two-week period. This is just excess pigment exiting the skin. You will need to come back 30 days after your initial procedure for the free "Perfecting Session". It is absolutely crucial to have this touch-up done, as it is very difficult to predict how well the skin will retain the pigment.
After the "Perfecting Session" you will only need to come back for a touch up once a year or so to retain the shape and saturation of pigment.
If you have a history of keloids, pregnant or nursing-this procedure is not recommended. If you are diabetic, please get a note from your doctor approving this procedure. You must be off of chemotherapy drugs for at least 6 months prior to your appointment. Not recommended if you have viral infections and/or diseases, are epileptic, have a Pacemaker or major heart problems, organ transplant, skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.), sick (cold, flu, etc.), Botox in the past 2 weeks or Accutane in the past year. (These products make you bleed, making it difficult to implant pigment). Stop fish oil, krill oil one month before treatment. Limit alcohol the night before procedure, as well as aspirin Tylenol, Motrin and garlic! Stop all Retin-A, retinol and anti-aging products 2 weeks before your procedure.
What Can I expect During my Appointment?
- Consultation and paperwork
- Grooming of brows if needed. Included in price.
- Using your face's natural shape, hair growth, and bone structure, I will design a perfectly placed brow! Once I have drawn the shape of your new brows, I will show you my design. We will work together to make the shape exactly what you want. I will work with you to achieve the desired shape. This part alone can take an hour or more. It's artistry and it shouldn't be rushed!
The entire process takes about 90-180 minutes. Afterwards, you will receive an aftercare package with a copy of instructions for the care of your new beautiful brows.
- Pricing Consultation (30 mins/required): $50 (credit will be used towards microblading service)
- Advanced Microblading by certified artist: $495
- "Perfecting session," a mandatory touch-up 30-45 days after procedure is included in original pricing
- 46-90 days since initial visit: $175
- 91+days: consultation required